At South Atlantic Bank, we take the security of your accounts very seriously. We use 24-7 monitoring systems and the latest technology to keep your accounts safe.
You can help us deter fraud by keeping your personal financial information secure. Be vigilant with computers, cell phones, and other devices, monitor your accounts online, and check your monthly statements for unauthorized charges or debits.
South Atlantic Bank will never call you to ask for sensitive data such as account numbers, social security numbers, or balances. If you receive a phone call or email request for this information, do not divulge it. Contact your local police and the bank to report it.
Let smsGuardian® add a new level of fraud protection to your debit card. This “short message service” program will send a text to the device of your choice when transactions meet certain requirements. (Please note that message and data rates may apply.) The number of messages you receive is based on your card usage and you will receive only one message per transaction on your card.
Here’s how the system works. When you are enrolled, you will receive a text message each time your debit card is used for:
- International and out-of-state transactions
- Fuel purchases
- Purchases of more than $100
- 3 or more transactions in 24 hours
- Online or phone transactions
- Declined authorizations
You can review the text upon receipt and have up to 12 hours to respond. Of course, in the event that fraud has taken place, it is better if you respond as soon as possible. If you used the card for the transaction in question, there is nothing you need to do. If you did not make the transaction, simply reply to the text message as directed which notifies risk management at smsGuardian®. A fraud case is opened, and you will receive a text advising that your card has been blocked from further use. (Please contact South Atlantic Bank to obtain a new card.)
The “Do-Not-Disturb” feature allows you to receive texts when it is most convenient for you. For example, if you do not wish to receive messages from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m., you can set “Do-Not-Disturb” to deliver messages after 6 a.m. Click on the “Preferences” tab to set this function.
Help, if you ever need it with this service, is easy to find. All you need to do is reply to a text from smsGuardian® with the word HELP. You may also visit our “Service Usage Guide” link, or call (888) 868-8611.
This new service is available free to our customers and includes as many cards and devices you need to enroll.
To enroll in smsGuardian
Need to enroll in smsGuardian? You will be redirected to the smsGuardian website. Please review the terms and conditions provided and then enroll your debit card(s).
To cancel or opt out of the smsGuardian
To cancel or opt out of the service at any time, text the word STOP in reply to an alert or directly to 27576. Visit the smsGuardian® website to unsubscribe (click on the “Devices” tab to delete a device). Your card is not considered un-enrolled until ALL devices have been deleted.
South Atlantic Bank has a Debit Card Fraud Monitoring Service in place to provide greater protection for your debit card. It’s free monitoring of your debit card activity to protect you from unauthorized use of your card.
How it Works
Our Debit Card Fraud Monitoring Service uses a sophisticated real-time scoring system based on card usage habits to measure fraud risk. If fraud is detected, a detailed action plan swings into motion.
- Each transaction you make with your South Atlantic Bank MasterCard debit card is instantly scored with a high, medium, or low risk for fraud.
- If fraud is suspected, you will be contacted immediately, using a combination of emails, texts, and phone calls, and responding is easy.
- If a transaction is considered high risk, your card will be immediately blocked for your protection, and then released if you confirm no fraud.
- For medium risk transactions, your card is blocked only if we can’t reach you.
- Low risk transactions are usually associated with travel so be sure to let the bank know before you go out of town. We will add a note to your record to reduce the chance of your card being turned down due to suspected fraud.