We are committed to protecting your financial information and want to provide steps you can take to keep your online transactions secure as cyber threats, scams and hacking are continuing to increase and becoming more sophisticated.
Please know, we will never ask you to provide your access ID, password or other log-in credentials over the phone or via email. If you receive a request, do not provide any information. Contact us at 843.839.0100 or your local branch to report an incident.
Customer Awareness – Regulation E
Regulation E provides rules for error resolution and unauthorized transactions for individual consumers electronic fund transfers and establishes limits to the consumer’s financial liability for unauthorized transactions. These limits are based on the timely detection and reporting of issues to South Atlantic Bank. We encourage you to immediately review periodic account statements and to monitor your account activity online and to immediately report any suspicious activity to South Atlantic Bank.
Our Regulation E policy is given to customers when new electronic services are provided and is available upon request.
Online Banking Security
- Never give out your usernames, passwords, SSN or date of birth
- Create strong, unique passwords using letters, numbers and symbols
- Do not use the password auto-save feature on your browser
- Logout of NetTeller online banking when your online banking session is over
- Do not carry your online banking password in your purse or wallet
Business Customer Security Awareness
Nonconsumer (or business) accounts are not protected by Reg E and business clients should implement sound security practices to minimize the risks of online transactions. Business customers are encouraged to perform a periodic risk assessment and an evaluation of the controls they have in place to minimize risks.
Steps to protect your company include:
- Manage administrative access to business accounts
- Segregate duties among employees so that no one person can perform all steps of a financial transaction online
- Implement layered security using multiple controls including transaction thresholds, out-of-band verification (telephone or email verifications), fraud detection and monitoring systems, and IP reputation-based services
The FTC Business Center provides helpful security and privacy information on the their website: http://business.ftc.gov/privacy-and-security/data-security