Do you have an iPhone®, iPad®, or Apple Watch®? If so, we’d like to take a moment to tell you about a safe, easy way South Atlantic Bank clients can pay online or from anywhere life takes you!
No more worries about leaving your South Atlantic Bank Mastercard® debit card behind—Apple Pay® allows you to store your debit card info in your Apple device’s Wallet app, then make purchases at restaurants, shops, grocery stores, and more.
You can even send or receive money from family and friends from your Messages app!
How does Apple Pay work?
Apple Pay’s state-of-the-art security features mean the money in your South Atlantic Bank account is safe and secure before, during, and after each transaction you make.
- Integrated Face ID® and Touch ID® capabilities ensure that your Wallet remains safe and secure even when you’re not making a purchase.
- Once you’ve added your debit card details to your Wallet, Apple Pay uses a unique transaction code and device-specific number. These security measures ensure that your actual South Atlantic Bank debit card number is never stored on your device or Apple’s servers. Additionally, your debit card number is never shared with the seller when you buy something.
- A special chip in your device, called a near-field communication chip (NFC), communicates with the merchant’s reader to send your payment wirelessly.
How do I make payments using Apple Pay?
- 1. Open your Wallet and tap your card.
- Hold your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch within an inch of the retailer’s checkout reader with your finger on Touch ID.
- Your default card (the first card added to the Wallet) will be used.
- Continue to hold until you see “Done” and a checkmark showing on the terminal’s display.
If you want to pay with a card other than the default card (the first card you added to the Wallet), hold your iPhone near the reader without resting your finger on Touch ID. When your default card appears, tap it and then tap the card that you want to use. Then rest your finger on Touch ID and pay.
It’s easy to add your South Atlantic Bank debit card for Apple Pay:
- If you’re using an iPhone, open the Wallet app and tap +. Then, follow the steps to add a new card.
- If you want to add your card to an iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap Add Card.
- If you’re an Apple Watch user, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and go to the My Watch tab. Then tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
- If you want to add a card to your Mac (laptop or desktop computer), you can do that too! Since adding a card depends on the model of Mac you’re using, here’s a little more information on that process.
After you’ve added your South Atlantic Bank debit card, we’ll verify your information. If more information is needed to verify your account, we’ll ask you for it. Once the process is complete, tap Next and start paying with Apple Pay!
Apple Pay—another way South Atlantic Bank helps bring the bank to your home, office, or anywhere you might be along the Carolina Coast and beyond!
Apple Pay, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Face ID, and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.